I realized that I haven’t written any entries or comments after my MFT (Managed File Transfer) training. This solution is more secure, reliable, encrypted, manageable, controllable, automated and you are able to monitor all your file transfers over FTP, which cannot be compareable over MFT solution.
You can find a summary for MFT:
Managed File Transfer (MFT) applications are developed in order to provide a single application that handles all corporate file transfers regardless of protocol. Typical MFT applications are capable of handling protocols which include FTP (File Transfer Protocol), FTPS (FTP over SSL), SFTP (Secure File Transfer via SSH), SCP (Secure Copy via SSH), HTTP/S and WebDAV. In addition to protocol independence, MFT applications typically have auditing, reporting and password policy features that are needed to comply with various government requirements such as HIPAA and Sarbanes-Oxley.
This is my first English entry and in this entry, you can find the advantages and business solutions based on MFT over FTP.
Mitigate the risk of FTP
“FTP alone is not a viable option to give the insight, security, performance and , ultimately, the risk management necessary to responsibly conduct business.” Frank Kenney and James Lennard, The Gartner Magic Quadrant for Managed File Transfer.
You should be asking:
- How could I increase my productivity?
- How could I better synchronize my applications and processes?
- How could I improve quality of service and reduce costs?
- How could I Automate, Monitor and Manage my File Transfer activity?
Save costs with File Transfer modernisation
- What is the cost of running multiple file transfer tools, in terms of implementation, administration, operations?
- Is onboarding of new partners, or implementing new exchanges between business applications as easy as requested by the business?
- Do I have a global end-to-end monitoring of my file transfer activity as needed by the operations and the business?
- How much savings would result from a central configuration management?
If you are managing multiple file transfer due to mergers, acquisitions, or simply history, you know the challenges associated with connecting new partners, new business applications, keep track of file transfers responding easily and timely to the business requirements.
Consolidation and Migration, a strategic project
Many large organizations, in many industries, have selected Synchrony MFT to consolidate their file transfer, and Axway has thus a large background of successfull migration projects.
Axway has developped a methodology supported by migration tools to ensure the success and the cost effectiveness of such projects. This methodology covers the various stages of such a project ranging from best practices for inventory to cost analyzis and ROI calculation.
You can contact with me if you need any further information about MFT or File Transfer solutions.